American Airlines Engineer Jobs | American Airlines Careers TX
American Airlines Hiring for Engineers: American Airlines Jobs through American Airlines Careers Portal. Get Current and Upcoming Job alert for American Airlines employment for Engineer/Senior Engineer, IT Vulnerability Management at www.jobs.aa.com. Applicants check below for American Airlines Hiring Engineers, eligibility criteria, pay scale, last date to apply.
American Airlines Engineer Jobs for American Airlines employment at www.jobs.aa.com
|Name of The Airlines Who are Hiring||American Airlines Employment Agency|
|Job Profile||Engineer/Senior Engineer, IT Vulnerability Management|
|Job Location||DFW Headquarters Building 8 (DFW-SV08)|
|Qualification Requirement||Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
|Salary||$56,373 / year Expected (Please Contact Airlines to know full details|
Current American Airlines Hiring Engineer Job Details
- Performs discovery scanning via the Vulnerability Management Platform (scheduled and ad-hoc)
- Categorizes network nodes so that further vulnerability scanning can be focused on “Enterprise” services
- Provides gap analysis to compare the list of known resources so gaps can be investigated and owners identified
- Identifies resource types (e.g. router, desktop computer, server, network switch, firewall, etc.), operating systems, and whether active services are “Enterprise” level
- Tracks via remediation management system and provides a wiki-style format to capture recommendation, analysis and facts, and links to other research
- Populates data visualization tool (such as Tableau and Hygieia) for reporting vulnerability metrics by system and owner
- Researches vulnerabilities to determine attack vectors and possible vulnerable targets and launches specific scans and reports for that vulnerability in VM scanning tool(s)
- Coordinates with business, IT teams, and Technology Risk Management (TRM) to remediate compliance findings in a timely manner while addressing risk reduction objectives
- Defines, manages, and measures security configuration baselines in line with internal policies/standards and CIS benchmarks
- Defines and manages cloud specific technical security policies (CSA security guidance)
- Demonstrates continuous improvement mindset
- Maintains an effective approach to problem solving, multi-tasking, coordinating, and scheduling in accordance with stated goals to ensure visibility and predictability
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 3 years of hands-on technical security engineering experience
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- 5+ years of hands-on technical security engineering experience
- Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience, including non-technical groups; strong presentation and technical documentation skills
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, GCIH, GSEC, GCFA, GREM, CCENT
- Ability to install, configure, troubleshoot, and administer VM Platform(s). (Ex.Tanium, Tenable, Coverity, Brinqa, etc.)
- Experience with Tanium programming or creating custom configurations within Tanium
- Experience with dynamic and static code analysis experience (e.g. QualysWAS, SAST tools)
- Experience with security configuration checklists (e.g. CIS Benchmarks and CSA security guidance)
- Familiarity with NIST Special Publications (e.g. 800-171,800-53, CSF)
- Familiarity with PCI DSS Compliance standards and scanning practices
- Ability to code and script Python, SQL, BASH, or PowerShell
- Ability to configure and use technical assessment tools such as Tanium Comply and Tenable Nessus
- Deep understanding of the technical architecture of IT systems built using Windows, UNIX, Linux, Solaris, VMware, Citrix, Oracle, and MySQL platforms
- Experience in DevOps Toolchain methodologies, including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 38012
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Manager, Engineer, Database, Oracle, System Administrator, Management, Engineering, Technology